Doctor’s Corner Q+A
Take a moment to search our library of questions and answers straight from Dechoker’s medical team.
Dr. Randall Snook, M.D.
Dr. Christopher Rumana, M.D.
Quick Lookup View all
- Can you explain the process of chocking in medical terms?
- How does the Dechoker® work?
- What ages should the Dechoker® be used on?
- What does the phrase down the wrong pipe mean?
- How many lives has the Dechoker® saved to date?
- What is the current protocol if an individual is choking?
- What is the difference between choking above or below the vocal cords?
- What is the difference between the push and pull methods when someone is choking?
- What is the importance of the Dechoker®?
- When should the Dechoker® be used in the first aid process of choking?
- What happens if the airway blockage is not removed?
- Why do the current choking procedures become less effective over time?